The Disney movie “Coco”
You are welcome to bring family and friends. You may wear a costume or pj’s if you wish, but definitely you need to wear masks covering your nose and mouth and socially distance as the Movie will be inside in the hall. You are welcome to bring your own snacks, sleeping bags and pillows, or lawn chairs for the viewing. We ask that you provide contact information so that we can inform you of future Movies.
Please go to our main webpage for Children and Families Movie Night by clicking HERE
All our “Children Youth and Family” videos are available on our “St Mark Ocean Park” YouTube playlist by clicking HERE
Children, Youth & Families video – Oct. 17, 2021 – the 21st Sunday After Pentecost – In today’s lesson we continue our journey exploring the Apostles’ Creed.
Goals for our ministry to children:
- Bring knowledge and love of God and build a foundation in the Bible
- Help develop a relationship with Jesus Christ and follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit
- Encourage each child’s relationship with the whole church family
- Provide opportunities for Christian outreach
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment
- Encourage and support Sunday School families through mutual communication
The Children’s Ministry at St. Mark’s is vibrant and growing. Children are welcomed members of our church family and we have a dedicated staff of experienced teachers.
Nursery Age – Newborns to 3-year-olds
Our family room is available with suitable toys and furniture for parents and children. Through a built in sound system, the church service is audible but there is a sound-proof glass wall which allows children to have fun and make noises in the room without disturbing members in the Sanctuary.
Sunday School – Ages 3 and up
We meet from 10:00 -11AM every Sunday, September through June. Our time consists of 10- 15 minutes in the Church Service before going downstairs to the Christian Education Centre. We begin with a welcome, prayers, music, and offerings (used for missionary outreach). We break up into age-related groups to explore our lesson including prayers, bible stories, crafts, games and activities. After Sunday School the children are brought into the church to join their parents for the Eucharist.
Summer Sunday School – Ages 3 years and up
We meet from 10-11 AM on Sundays, July through August for a simplified Sunday School Activity.
- Collect and package lunch food for the Surrey Food Bank
- Participate in White Gift Sunday
- Participate in preparing a Christmas Hamper
- A varied outreach project each year such as A Rocha, Food Box, PWRDF, or World Vision
- Celebrate the changing Christian seasons with activities such as a pancake breakfast the first Sunday in Lent,
- Good Friday and Easter Sunday programs,
- Pentecost celebration,
- Advent activities,
- Christmas Pageant.