The early history of the parish of St. Mark and Ascension had its beginnings at Crescent Beach in an organized way about 1924, and has worshipped at this location since 1966. Today, we are part of the Diocese of New Westminister, one of 80 congregations in a portion of British Columbia extending from Squamish throughout the Lower Mainland eastward to Hope.

The new St. Mark’s was opened for worship on February 11th 1990. The Church has a sense of light, space and intimacy. The tall entrance cross and the high pitched roof lines are a signal of St. Mark’s Christian presence in the community.

The history of St. Mark’s is captured in a book, “The History of Saint Mark’s Parish, 1860 – 2010″ by Douglas French. You may also contact the church office for a printed copy or CD. Donations are appreciated.

Download a PDF of the “History of St. Mark’s Parish, 1860 -2010”

For a more recent recent history of our parish, Drew Gauntley has written “St. Mark’s 2010 and Beyond.”

Download a PDF of “St. Mark’s 2010 and Beyond”