“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me… The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'” — Matthew 25:35-36, 40
- Lunch Basket for Hungry Children
- Picnic hampers for lunch basket participants
- Gift cards for Lunch Basket participants for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Christmas Gift Hampers and Gift Certificates for groceries
- Quarterly Funding for fresh vegetables for lunches served at Women’s Place.
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste
- Small Clothing items, Gloves, Toques etc
- Monthly funding to assist in the purchase of diapers for a young mothers/parent support group.
- Monthly funding for Senior Women in transition
- Support as requested, such as fruit and vegetables at Thanksgiving and kitchen supplies.
- Quarterly funding to purchase fresh vegetables for clients.
- Donations collected in containers in the Church Hall are delivered regularly.
Founded by the Late Pat Louis
St. Mark’s parishioners was moved into action by the late Pat Louis with the $10.00 a month club. Starting with delivering fresh sandwiches, toiletries and clothing to those living on the street that came into the ‘Front Room’ in Whalley. The kitchen at the Front Room location was named the “Pat Louis Kitchen” in her honour.
From that beginning, St. Mark’s has moved forward and support several organizations in the South Surrey White Rock area. Funding and other `hand up `resources are donated to these various groups in our community.
Supporting the Community Outreach Ministry
This 12 member group of parishioners of St. Marks administer and organize this Outreach Ministry. Its roots are deep in the community with a mandate of giving a ‘hand up’ to those who need.
If you would like to support the Community Outreach Ministry financially, your donations can be made either at the donation station in the Narthex or in your church envelope. Please indicate “Community Outreach” and the amount.
The largest financial commitment for this Ministry is the Lunch Basket for Hungry Children. Single Women with school age children are identified to the Outreach Ministry through Women’s Place. These women are working towards getting their lives on track. Monthly financial support for Lunches for their children is provided. Additionally, extra funds for special times of the year such as Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas made available. This program is completely funded by the parishioners of St. Marks.
To support the Lunch Basket Program for Hungry Children, please sign up on the Lunch Basket for Hungry Children Memorial & Thanksgiving Fund Donor Pledge Chart on the wall in the Church Hall. Donations of $60 are suggested to support one week of the fund. (If your financial donation is in memory of a loved one or in thanksgiving this message can be included in the Parish Pulse–donors are contacted by Darlene Wiegand).
- Bus tickets
- Pocket/memo books
- Running shoes
- General housing needs