“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me… The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'” — Matthew 25:35-36, 40
- Soup lunch for disabled women
- Lunch basket for hungry children
- Picnic hampers for lunch basket participants
- One share in the A Rocha Vegetable Garden
- High protein foods for lunch basket participants
- Christmas Gift Hampers and Gift Certificates for groceries
- The Blanche Biddle Fund supports needy families whose young children come to school hungry.
- $300 / month milk fund
- Toiletries and good used clothing
- Dinner served on a monthly basis at the Front Room
- Additional funding to provide high protein foods to children in the Lunch Basket Program.
- 1 Share each of the weekly Garden produce delivered to Women’s Place, Launching Pad & South Surrey/White Rock Food Bank.
- Monthly funding to assist in the purchase of diapers for a young mothers/parent support group.
- Monthly funding for Senior Women in transition
Founded by the Late Pate Louis
Pat moved St. Mark’s parishioners into action with the $10.00 a month club delivering food, toiletries and clothing to those living on the street who came into the ‘Front Room’ in Whalley. The kitchen at the Front Room location was named the “Pat Louis Kitchen” in her honour.
From that beginning, St. Mark’s has moved forward to now having several programs which deliver food, fresh produce or funding and other resources to various groups in our community.
Supporting the Community Outreach Ministry
If you would like to support the Community Outreach Ministry financially, please put your donation in your church envelope and mark it “Community Outreach” and the amount. If you do not have a church envelope, please place your donation in a plain envelope and mark it “Community Outreach” and the amount, along with identifying yourself.
To support the Lunch Basket Program for Hungry Children, please sign up on the Lunch Basket for Hungry Children Memorial & Thanksgiving Fund Donor Pledge Chart on the wall in the Church Hall. Donations of $50 are requested to support one week of the fund. (If you financial donation is in memory of a loved one or in thanksgiving this message can be included in the Parish Pulse–donors are contacted by Darlene Wiegand).
Donations are always needed and greatly appreciated for the following: (Please place them in the basket in the Narthex)
- Bus tickets
- Pocket/memo books
- Running shoes
- General housing needs