Goals for our ministry to children:
- Bring knowledge and love of God and build a foundation in the Bible
- Help develop a relationship with Jesus Christ and follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit
- Encourage each child’s relationship with the whole church family
- Provide opportunities for Christian outreach
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment
- Encourage and support Sunday School families through mutual communication
The Children’s Ministry at St. Mark’s is vibrant and growing. Children are welcomed members of our church family and we have a dedicated staff of experienced teachers.
Nursery Age – Newborns to 3-year-olds
Our family room is available with suitable toys and furniture for parents and children. Through a built in sound system, the church service is audible but there is a sound-proof glass wall which allows children to have fun and make noises in the room without disturbing members in the Sanctuary.
Sunday School – Ages 3 to 11 years
We meet from 10-11AM every Sunday, September through June. Our time consists of a half hour worship service, including singing, prayers, offerings (used for missionary outreach) and liturgical responses. A half hour lesson time in age related groups, including prayers, bible stories, crafts, games and activities. After Sunday School, children are brought into church in time to join their parents for the Eucharist. On the second Sunday of each month, children sit with parents for the first hymn then hear an engaging children’s talk. The regular Sunday School program then continues in the Education Centre.
Summer Sunday School (some weeks) – Ages 3 to 11 years
We meet from 10-11 AM on select Sundays, July through August for a simplified Sunday School. On Sundays where there is no children’s program, children will be provided with activity booklets as they sit in the service with their families.
- Contribute money to a missionary family in Brazil,
- Collect and pacakge lunch food for the Surrey Food Bank,
- Purchase Christmas Hajmper for a needy family,
- one other varied outreach project per year (i.e. A Rocha Food Box, PWRDF, World Vision).
- Celebrate the changing Christian seasons with activities such as a pancake breakfast the first Sunday in Lent,
- Good Friday and Easter Sunday programs,
- Pentecost celebration,
- Advent activities,
- Christmas Pageant.